Free home energy evaluation & energy efficiency upgrades
- Do you live in a low-income household?
- Are you a FortisBC natural gas customer?
- Are you a BC Hydro customer?
If you answered yes to all of these questions you may qualify for the Energy Conservation Assistance Program.
What is the Energy Conservation Assistance Program (ECAP)?
The program provides qualified, low-income FortisBC natural gas and BC Hydro residential customers with a free home energy evaluation, free installation of energy saving products and personalized advice from our representatives to help you save energy and money on your utility bill. The energy saving products installed may include:
- low-flow showerheads and faucet aerators
- water heater blanket and pipe wrap
- draftproofing, such as caulking and door sweeps
- insulation for attics, walls and crawlspaces
- ENERGY STAR® refrigerator
- Energy saving light bulbs (CFLs)
Every home is different. Your ECAP home evaluator will determine which energy efficiency upgrades are right for your home.
Questions? Contact the ECAP Program Delivery Agent for your area:
- Lower Mainland and northern BC call: 1-855-598-8428
- Vancouver Island, Sunshine Coast or southern interior call: 1-877-806-3242