Add some warmth to the ambience
Purchase an EnerChoice fireplace between January 1, 2014 and December 31, 2014 and you may qualify for a $300 rebate from FortisBC.
What is an EnerChoice fireplace?
All fireplaces sold in Canada have an EnerGuide™ label that tells you how energy efficient it is. There is no ENERGY STAR® rating for fireplaces, so in BC, manufacturers developed the EnerChoice designation to identify the most efficient models.
When shopping for a new fireplace, look for this logo. It means that the model is among the top 25 percentile of efficiency.
To qualify for EnerChoice status hearths must have minimum efficiency ratings of:
- 62.4% or higher for fireplaces
- 61% or higher for inserts
- 66% or higher for free-standing stoves
How to apply for a rebate
- Review the terms & conditions.
- Purchase an eligible EnerChoice fireplace and have it installed by a gas contractor registered with the BC Safety Authority (BCSA). You can find a list of retailers at enerchoice.org.
- Complete the application form and include copies of the invoice showing details of all worked performed, including the date of installation, make and model.
- Send us the completed application and invoice to:
EnerChoice Fireplace Program
P.O. Box 9090
Surrey, BC, V3T 5W4
If you qualify, we'll mail you a cheque for $300. Please allow a minimum of 90 days to process.
- Fireplaces must be purchased between January 1, 2014 and December 31, 2014.
- Applications must be postmarked no later than January 31, 2015.
Qualify for up to $4,500 in additional rebates
If you’re making multiple energy-efficiency upgrades to your home, consider having an EnerGuide® home evaluation first. As well as the EnerChoice® fireplace rebate, you could qualify for an additional $750 bonus and up to $3,750 in insulation and draftproofing rebates through our Home Energy Rebate Offer.
Call us toll-free at 1-800-663-8400 or email us at email@example.com