Before you sign a contract with a gas marketer, do your homework. These questions may help you gather and review the information you need to make an informed decision.
- What is their price in Canadian dollars per gigajoule of gas?
- How long is the term of the contract?
- What are the renewal provisions of the contract?
- What are the rights and penalties for early termination of the contract?
- What is the gas marketer's track record supplying natural gas?
- What are the benefits and risks?
- What commitments will be made on my behalf?
- What are the financial obligations and potential additional charges?
- Does the contract commit my company to other services and energy supply arrangements such as electricity, telecom or cable?