Are you thinking about ways to reduce your energy consumption? We want to help get you started with a $150 rebate on your initial LiveSmart BC home energy assessment.
This assessment measures your home’s energy performance and provides recommendations for the best ways to reduce your energy use.
Am I eligible?
You could get a rebate of $150 after having an initial home energy assessment conducted by a Certified Energy Advisor licensed by Natural Resources Canada
To qualify for the rebate, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- be a homeowner
- be a FortisBC electricity customer or be electric municipal customers of Summerland, Penticton, Grand Forks or Nelson Hydro
- have a home 10 years or older
- have primary electric heating system (heat pump with electric backup, electric baseboard, electric forced air)
- use more than $2,300 of electricity annually
Reduce Your Use low income voucher
If you meet these qualifications and your income is lower than the Low Income Cut-off (LICO), you could qualify for a rebate voucher to pay for your initial energy assessment. To be approved for the low income voucher program, please call
1-866-436-7847. Upon approval of your application, you will be mailed a voucher that you can use until December 31, 2013.
How do I apply?
- Determine if you're eligible by reviewing the terms and conditions. Questions? Call 1-866-436-7847 or email email@example.com.
- Hire a Certified Energy Advisor to perform a pre-retrofit home energy assessment before December 31, 2013
- Fill out the energy assessment rebate application form.
- Mail in your completed application within 60 days of your assessment, with a copy of your assessment receipt to:
FortisBC PowerSense Program
Suite 100, 1975 Springfield Rd.
Kelowna BC, V1Y 7V7
- Upon approval of your application, you will receive a $150 credit on your electric bill within 90 days.