For a limited time, when you improve the efficiency of your pump system, FortisBC PowerSense will pay 100 per cent of the cost to assess your pump for energy efficiency and provide rebates when the recommended upgrades are complete.
The process is simple and you’re well supported along the way.
As a participant, you’ll receive a no-cost energy assessment of your current system, conducted by a FortisBC-qualified Irrigation Pump Auditor. Complete some or all of the recommended upgrades and apply for the rebates.
The best part? Your investment will pay for itself, overtime, in energy savings.
Are you eligible?
You may qualify for participation in the program if you:
- have a current Environmental Farm Plan in place; as administered by the BC Agricultural Research Development Corporation (Ardcorp);
- have an EFP-certified irrigation assessment plan and an EFP Best Management Practice (BMP)
- own one or more pumps on your site that are powered by grid electricity (not generators or renewable resources); and
- have a minimum of one 10- horsepower pump that is operated for a minimum of 1200 hours per year with a minimum electrical usage of 10,000 kWh in the year 2011
- are a customer of one of the following electric utilities: FortisBC, Summerland, Kelowna, Penticton, Grand Forks or Nelson Hydro.
And have or are planning to:
- make alterations to optimize the pumping systems configuration; including pony pump/motor, downsizing of pump and or motor;
- install automatic controls for the pumping system including sensors, timers and switches;
- install a variable frequency drive to increase pump operation efficiency and/or
- make upgrades to premium efficiency motors from standard efficiency motors.
How do I apply?
- Apply to participate by December 31, 2012. Download the Participation Application form. FortisBC will notify you about your eligibility and arrange the pump audit.
- Complete some or all of the recommendations by March 31, 2013.
- Apply for your rebates before April 31, 2013. Download the rebate application form. Complete, sign and send to:
Irrigation Pump Efficiency Program
1975 Springfield Road
Kelowna, BC V1Y 7V7
Call us at 1-866-436-7847 or email us at email@example.com.