January 1, 2013 Rate Increase
On August 15, 2012, the Commission issued its Decision (Order G-110-12) on FortisBC’s 2012 – 2013 Revenue Requirements Application. On October 25, 2012, the Commission issued Order G-159-12 which approved FortisBC’s interim rates for 2012 as firm, and approved a final net rate increase of 4.2% effective January 1, 2013.
January 1, 2013 Rate Rebalancing
FortisBC began rate rebalancing on May 1, 2011, as a result of the BC Utilities Commission’s decision on FortisBC’s 2009 Rate Design Application and Cost of Service Analysis.
The BC Utilities Commission also ordered FortisBC to implement future rate rebalancing adjustments for the period of 2012-2015 effective on January 1 for each respective year. The year 3 rebalancing adjustments for affected rate classes are listed in the table below.
|Large Commercial Primary 30
|Large Commercial Transmission 31
Bi-monthly Residential Service:
- Customer Charge $30.33 based on 60 day billing period.
- First 1,600 kWh are billed @ 8.803¢ per kWh.
- Additional kWh are billed @ 12.952¢ per kWh.
Small Commercial Service:
This rate is for non-residential customers whose electrical demand is generally not more than 40 kW and can be supplied through one meter.
- Customer Charge $33.76 based on 60 day billing period.
- All kWh are billed @ 8.870¢ per kWh.
This rate is for non-residential customers whose electrical demand is generally greater than 40 kW but less than 500 kW and can be supplied through one meter.
- Customer Charge $14.40 based on 30 day billing period.
- Demand Charge of $7.52 per kW of Billing Demand above 40 kW
- First 8000 kWh are billed @ 7.568¢ per kWh.
- Balance of kWh are billed @ 6.283¢ per kWh.
The large majority of FortisBC’s customers are classified under the rate listings above. However, FortisBC has a number of other rate classifications. If you would like to read a complete listing of all FortisBC Rates and Terms and Conditions for Service, please review FortisBC's Electric Tariff.
The above rates are subject to a 1.5% late payment charge.